Recipe adapted from Food Network Magazine
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves, washed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Garlic powder and onion powder, to taste
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Combine the basil, garlic, and pine nuts in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Add 1/2 cup of the oil and process until fully incorporated and smooth. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder.
If using immediately, add all the remaining oil and pulse until smooth. Transfer the pesto to a large serving bowl and mix in the cheese using a hand immersion blender.
If freezing, transfer to ice cube trays and drizzle remaining oil over the top. Freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw and add in cheese using a hand immersion blender.